1.1. Alphapetmalaysia take your privacy seriously. In the course of providing you with the Services or access to the Platform (as defined in the Terms & Conditions), we will be collecting, using, disclosing, storing and/or processing data, including your personal data.
1.5. All of these terms apply to Alphapetmalaysia's users
2. The Personal Data We Collect From You
2.1. Personal data means any information about an individual, whether recorded in a material form or not and whether true or not, who can be identified from that data (whether directly or indirectly), or from that data and other data to which we have or are likely to have access.
2.2. During the course of your use of the Platform and the provision of the Services, we may collect personal data about you, as follows:
(a) Identity data: Full name;
(b) Contact data: Email address, phone number, billing address and delivery address;
(c) Account data: Bank account details, credit card details and payment details (such account data may also be collected directly by our affiliates and/or third party payment service providers);
(d) Transaction data: Details about orders and payments and other details of products and Services related to you;
(e) Profile data: Username and password, orders related to you, feedback and survey responses;
(f) Technical data: Internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, device identifier, IMEI, MAC address and other information and technology on the devices you use to access the Platform;
(g) Usage data: Information on how you use the Platform, products and Services or view any content on the Platform, including the time spent on the Platform, items and data searched for on the Platform, access time and dates and other similar statistics;
(h) Marketing and communications data: Your preferences in receiving marketing from us, your communication preferences and your chat, email or call history on the Platform
2.3. During the course of your use of the Platform and our provision of the Services, we may receive personal data from you in the situations, as follows:
(a) When you browse our website (both mobile and web versions);
(b) When you create an account with us;
(c) When you make a transaction regarding the products available on the Platform;
(d) When you activate or use any payment-related functions available on the Platform or provided by our third party service providers;
(e) When you enter a promotion or survey;
(f) When you log in to your account on the Platform or otherwise interact with us via an external service or application, such as Facebook or Google;
2.4. We may collect personal data from you, third parties (including but not limited to payment service providers, government sources of data, financial providers, credit bureaus, delivery, marketing and other service partners), or such data may be collected automatically when you use the Platform or the Services, as set out in this section.
2.6. You must only submit personal data which is accurate and not misleading and you must keep it up to date and inform us of any changes to the personal data you have provided to us. We shall have the right to request for documentation and carry out the necessary checks to verify the personal data provided by you as part of our user verification processes or as required under law.
3. Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Purpose of Use
3.1. The personal data we collect from you or via third parties may be used for certain purposes, as follows:
(i) Processing your order for products
• To process orders you submit through the Platform;
• To deliver the products you have purchased through the Platform. We may pass your personal information on to a third party (e.g. our logistics partner) or relevant regulatory authority (e.g. customs) in order to make delivery of the product to you;
• To update you on the delivery of the products;
• To provide customer support for your orders; and
• To verify and carry out payment transactions (including any credit card payments, bank transfers, offline payments, remittances, or e-wallet transactions) in relation to payments related to you and/or Services used by you. In order to verify and carry out such payment transactions, payment information, which may include personal data, will be transferred to third parties such as our payment service providers.
(ii) Providing Services
• To facilitate your use of the Services or access to the Platform;
• To display your name, username or profile on the Platform
• To respond to your queries, feedback, claims or disputes, whether directly or through our third party service providers;
(iii) Marketing and advertising
• To provide you with information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us;
• To send you marketing or promotional information about our products and services on our Platform from time to time;
• To help us conduct marketing and advertising;
(iv) Analytics, research, business and development
• To identify visitors on the Platform;
• To conduct surveys, including carrying out research on our users’ demographics and behaviour;
• To conduct data analysis, testing and research, monitoring and analysing usage and activity trends;
• To further develop our products and services; and
• To know our buyers better.
3.2. We may share (or permit the sharing of) your personal data with and/or transfer your personal data to third parties and/or our affiliates for the above-mentioned purposes. These third parties and affiliates, which may be located inside or outside your jurisdiction, include but are not limited to:
(i) Service providers (such as agents, vendors, contractors and partners) in areas such as payment services, logistics and shipping, marketing, data analytics, market or consumer research, survey, social media, customer service, installation services, information technology and website hosting;
(ii) Their service providers and related companies; and
(iii) Other users of the Platform or Services.
3.3. In disclosing your personal data to them, we endeavour to ensure that the third parties and our affiliates keep your personal data secure from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, processing or similar risks and retain your personal data only for as long as your personal data is needed to achieve the above-mentioned purposes.
3.4. We may also share personal data in connection with any proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business, provided that we satisfy the requirements of applicable data protection law when disclosing your personal data.
International data transfer
Third party services
4. Updating Your Personal Data
4.1. It is important that the personal data you provide to us is accurate and complete for you to continue using the Platform and for us to provide the Services. You are responsible for informing us of changes to your personal data, or in the event you believe that the personal data we have about you is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
4.2. You can update your personal data anytime by accessing your account on the Platform.
4.3. We take steps to share the updates to your personal data with third parties and our affiliates with whom we have shared your personal data if your personal data is still necessary for the above-stated purposes.
5. Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Data
5.1. You may request information about your personal data which we have collected, or enquire about the ways in which your personal data may have been used, disclosed, stored or processed by us via the personal account information setting on our Platform or by contacting us using the contact details below. You may also request correction of any error or omission in your personal data which we have collected in the same way. In order to facilitate processing of your request, it may be necessary for us to request further information relating to your request. Where permissible under law, we may refuse such correction requests if deemed vexatious or unreasonable.